Why Private Tours of Old San Juan?
Our approach is very simple. We find the easiest way to make you happy (& we usually succeed).
We offer personalized VIP private tours of Puerto Rico.
That means you:
- Walk at your own pace.
- Focus on what you like the most.
- Ask as many questions as you want.
- Take as many pictures as you like.
- Go where you want, when you want.
- Enjoy our beautiful island.
We are a small local tour operator who focuses on providing our friends (customers) the best experiences in their lives. How do we do that?
- We keep it simple. No complicated operations. Few overhead expenses. No payrolls (just one employee… Javier)
- No rush… We don’t try to squeeze too many bookings on one day. Normally we only do one tour per day. We don’t work every day either. Is important to be rested and in a good mood, so we can be fully present with you
- We love what we do. It is not a hassle for us to spend the day with you. Is actually the opposite… we really enjoy meeting new people from all over the world.
- Sometimes we guide you, sometimes we accompany you.
- Always with a smile.
My name is Javier Ruiz and I am a “young”, passionate Puerto Rican, who loves to host people and show them around. As a resident of Old San Juan, I am familiar with the culture, food, history, architecture, archeology and many unknown secrets.
As a World Champion Unicyclist, I’ve traveled all over the world, so I know what travelers expect. I have a lot of stories to tell and knowledge to pass along.
For almost 8 years I worked for the Puerto Rican government (Department of Natural Resources). I gave up my job as a civil engineer to do what I like to do most… share my passion about my country!
I have gained a lot of experience in the government and have a lot of stories to share.
I am also a graduate of the Barbara Brennan School of Healing. One of the principles of energy healing is learning how to “listen” what are the client’s real needs (from a deep perspective), and figuring out the best way to support them. Those skills are very handy while guiding private tours… so I can really please my clients.
My family owned a reputable business, so I am very aware of the importance of customer satisfaction. I am happy to give the extra mile for my clients. Take a look at some of my client reviews on Google or Tripadvisor.
I am a certified tour guide by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company and I can’t wait to be your Puerto Rico tour guide!
– TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence (2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence)
– Awarded Tour (2017 & 2019 Luxury Travel Guide Tour Operator of the Year)
– Endorsed Tour (Puerto Rico Tourism Company)
– Certified Tour Guide (Puerto Rico Tourism Company)
– Certified Tour Operator (Puerto Rico Tourism Company)
– Certified Interpretative Tour Guide (APIE)
– Licenced Civil Engineer (PR)
– World Champion Unicyclist